Remarkable for its width (3 meters), steps of a single piece, a granite so compact that wear is not noticeable for centuries. Three sections (13,9,13 = 35 steps). Cleverly built, it lacks a support for the central section, supported by the strong walls and a set of forces. A few years ago it had to be reinforced with metal braces. Apparently it was built by Pedro Marlote and Juan de la Sierra, between 1594 and 1603. (The construction of the monument began on April 1, 1593) (The founder died in 1600, without seeing the work finished). On the floor, under the arcades, the traces, called monteas, can be observed as planes, which are the templates of the stone blocks with which the main cloister was built.