The Minister for Culture of Galicia, Román Rodríguez, today visited the works of the church of the Colegio de la Compañía de Monforte. The part of the works corresponding to the interior of the Church, in the vault of the presbytery, was completed at the end of November. The church of Nª Sª de la Antigua is already open and in use by the locals who want to go to it. According to estimates, the works will continue at least until mid-February or early March.
At the rear of the church building, work has taken slightly longer than anticipated due to unfavorable weather conditions. The large crack in the back wall of the temple, whose origin is attributed to the Lisbon earthquake of 1755, has been sealed, a work that has already been done.
There is now the rehabilitation of the passage behind the church that had to be demolished to place the large scaffolding, which has been used, on the one hand, to access the roof of the head of the church, which has been renovated in the area between the two towers.
At the same time, the restoration of one of the lateral altarpieces of the transept has begun, specifically the left one.