Today, after its recent restoration, the painting of San Francisco de Borja has been installed in its place, in the reredos of the Magi, at the top. As we will remember, this painting is dated 1666 and is by anonymous author. Its state of deterioration was very great as can be seen in our entry on March 27, where we published a comparison of the before and after the restoration. The restoration has been carried out by Fr. Javier Agudo, Piarist and currently manager of the CNSdlA Foundation.
That we can enjoy this work, which refers us precisely to the beginnings of the Foundation of the College of the Cardinal and to the third General of the Francisco de Borja Company family through the mother of Cardinal Rodrigo de Castro.